U.S. VETS is the largest non-profit organization in the country dedicated to helping homeless and at-risk veterans, and a nationally recognized leader in the field of service delivery to veterans.
The successful reintegration of homeless and at-risk veterans.
U.S. VETS provides housing in conjunction with clinical counseling and employment assistance. Additionally, coordinating services with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and other partners brings in resources that foster the skills necessary for every veteran to return to the community, remain self-sufficient, and break the cycle of homelessness.
To provide safe, sober, clinically supported housing & employment assistance for homeless veterans.
- To improve and maintain each veteran’s physical and mental health.
- To promote the veteran’s sense of psychological well-being and increase self-esteem.
- To help each veteran take responsibility for his or her success.
- To improve the veteran’s ability to relate to others in his/her living situation, within his family, on the job, and in the community.
- To support the recovering veteran by maintaining a drug and alcohol-free environment.
- To provide the veteran with a productive route for achieving independence in the community.Outcomes
Helps more than 1100 veterans every year return to full time employment.
Provides intensive program services and housing to 2100 formerly veterans each year.
Provides transitional housing and services to 2500 formerly homeless veterans each year.
Provides permanent housing for 250 veterans each year.Model
U.S.VETS provides comprehensive services to address the interrelated barriers that prevent veterans from lifting themselves out of homelessness. By co-locating services with housing, bringing in other partners such as the VA to enhance professional services, utilizing multiple funding streams to fund support services, and appealing to the private sector and the veteran service organizations to support the effort, U.S.VETS calls upon all sectors of the community to bring about a solution for homeless veterans.
You can help us accomplish our mission.
Yes, I made a donation.