Exmormon Contacts and Resources
People to contact and resources available for those in their journey out of Mormonism
FROM THIS BLOG HOST: NOW I KNOW IT WILL MAKE A LOT OF MORMONS MAD THAT I AM POSTING HELP FOR X MORMONS. HARD TO BELIEVE, BUT I NOW SEE HOW MUCH IS AT STAKE WITH ROMNEY. EVEN MORE SCARY.
THESE ARE REAL ISSUES PEOPLE HAVE WITH THE MORMON CHURCH. YOU CAN CALL IT BIGOTRY IF THAT HELPS KEEP THE GUILT AND SHAME IN CHECK, BUT I AM OFFERING NOW, SOME BLOG SPACE TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING TO HELP PEOPLE HAVE BEEN HURT BY THEIR EXPERIENCE IN THE CHURCH. I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR, AND DON’T GET ME STARTED. NOW, IF YOU HAVE SOME SUPPORT GROUPS SET UP TO COUNTER THE KIND AND LOVING HELP OFFERED X-MORMONS, SEND THEM ALONG, AND I WILL POST A COUPLE FOR YOU.
To Contact Exmormon.org volunteers directly,
E-Mail: Richard Packham Richard is a retired attorney. He can help in all areas of Mormonism, but has developed a specialty to help parents who have children that have joined Mormonism.
E-Mail: Kathleen Kathleen is active with the Exmormon Foundation. She is in her early 30’s and willing to help with emotional abuse issues in Mormonism.
A foundation has been created to help ex-Mormons and those affected by Mormonism: www.exmormonfoundation.org Please contact the foundation about publicity and conferences.
These people have volunteered to give information and/or be of support to others. The majority of these people are former Mormons. Some helpers are Christian and some are of no religious affiliation. I have tried to note the religious orientation on each listing where appropriate.
The Bulletin Board is often used by individuals who wants to remain totally anonymous and receive a quick response. (150,000+ hits per weekday, busiest during lunch on the West Coast of USA. 900 posts per day)
Larry DiLucchio lives in the Four Corners area of Arizona. He has a life time of experience with Mormonism and with life on an Indian reservation. Write to: A. Grant (updated Jan. 2004)
Concerned Christians (This is a group of ex-Mormons)
PO Box 18
Mesa, Arizona 85211
(602) 833-2LDS They have regular support meetings in the Phoenix/Mesa area.
“Walnut Creek – Nolan, in his mid-fifties, is a construction management consultant, and is passionate about the arts, community theatre and critical thinking, when they don’t interfere with being a granddad. A 6th generation Mormon born and raised in Utah, he left the church 23 years ago and is proud to call himself a “post-mormon activist”. He is not shy about referring to himself as an “atheist“
Mark and Donna have both been very active Mormons. Mark served a mission and Donna was active in the various women’s organizations. You can read their stories at #122 and #123 . updated Jan 2004
Ex-Mormons and Christian Alliance
PO Box 530
Orangevale, CA 95662
(916) 631-7896 or write to Dick Baer
- Helen is an active participant in our e-mail newsgroup and has much to offer in counseling and support. Her professional work can give some added insight to cult recovery for those seeking it.
Bill Woodrum lives in the Atlanta area and is a returned missionary with vast knowledge of LDS history. He can inform you of support groups in the Atlanta area and help on a personal level.
- Patchwork – Support Group for Disillusioned Mormons and others in religious transistion This group brings you together with others who are walking the same difficult path. We meet every month at: 413 B St. in Idaho Falls, Idaho. For more information, contact: Jeffrey Trunzer at 208-357-7290 or Jeffrey
Nauvoo Christian Visitors Center
NCVC P.O. Box 93 Nauvoo, IL 62354
- Evelyn J. Hall offers ex-cult support and intercession for those who are investigating a cult or for loved ones whose families are caught up in cults. She is a former Mormon.
“Free in Jesus”
427 6th St.
Nevada, IA 50201
- Janet Mertz-Hill was a life long member. She has written about Mormonism and her experiences. She is willing to correspond with individuals as they transition their lives out of that organization
- Art Simmons had more than 22 years membership in the Mormon church. He has done extensive research into the historical and theological aspects of Mormonism and is willing to share his findings. He has been certified an Inter-Faith Witness Associate by the Southern Baptist Convention
Richard Packham is willing to talk to Mormons or ex-Mormons. He is active with our ex-Mormon newsgroup and you can read #66 to learn more about him or visit his web site at Packham’s Site
2145 Melton Rd
Roseburg, OR 97470
Voice: (541) 672-2360
e-mail: Richard Packham
- Shirley was a convert to the church and served a mission in Oregon. She is in her 40s and is a kind individual who can offer sound advise and counsel to those leaving Mormonism. She has had many experiences in life and can relate well to those also troubled by physical handicaps. She is a Christian. updated Jan 2004
- Salt Lake City
- Rauni (she’ll probably answer sooner) and Dennis– Their story is #50 on the web site and they are willing to talk on the phone or meet in person in the Utah area. They can let you know of dates and times of support groups in the Salt Lake area. They have a Christian web site at Higley’s site.
The Mormon Alliance is for women who have received spiritual abuse by LDS priesthood leaders in their local wards or families. Please write to them for assistance if you have suffered abuse by the LDS church.
6337 Highland Drive, Box 215
SLC, UT 84121
Utah Lighthouse Ministry – (This is the Tanner’s bookstore.)
PO Box 1884
Salt Lake City, Utah 84110
See their excellent web site at UTLM
1st Baptist Church of Provo Utah offers a Gospel Outreach to people leaving or questioning Mormonism. The Leader of this outreach is Louis Wilkins at 801-374-8489 and is located at 1144 WE Columbia Lane in Provo Utah. They meet the third Tuesday of each month. The pastor Rhett Durfee is an ex-Mormon and about 35% of the members are ex-Mormons. Louis email@example.com
can be contacted for more information.
Sandy – – Sandy has been involved with our group for a few years now. You can read her story at #56 about Mormon women and depression
Outside of the United States
- Gunar is German and a returned missionary. He lives in East Germany and has a web site in German . He has also translated the tract “Thinking of Joining Mormonism?” For those of you German speaking this is a great site to visit.
- Sharon T. joined the church in South Africa and has lived in Salt Lake, Kansas and Texas as a Mormon and is now in England with her 3 sons and her husband. She is in her 40’s and particularly wishes to help women who have suffered from abuse from church leaders. She welcomes mail from any Mormon or ex-Mormon desiring help.
- John . is a life time member who served a mission in Hong Kong and is now working and living there. He is an agnostic leaning towards atheism. He would love to help anyone in any way he can regarding their questions about Mormonism. You can read his story at #127.htm updated Jan 19, 2004
Historical and Doctrinal Questions
For historical or intellectual questions regarding Mormonism please feel free to contact James at the web site below. James has studied Mormon history for many years and has developed an extensive Mormon research library. He has focused his research on the Book of Abraham papyri, Mormon polygamy, and the LDS temple endowment development, but James can certainly assist you in finding answers to a wide range of Mormon related questions. His web site on Mormon history well worth visiting.
Filed under: 2008 ELECTION, christianity, EX MORMON, family, FREE MASONS, jesus, LDS, mormon, politics, religion, Republican, romney, SEPTEMBER DAWN, WOMEN | 3 Comments »